The Child Advocacy Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. We need and appreciate the financial support of corporations, small businesses and individuals in addition to our annual grant writing and fund raising efforts. If you feel the CAC is a worthwhile cause and would like to help, there are a variety of ways you can contribute; one of the best ways is through Colorado Gives. You can click on the link below and make a donation to the CAC through Colorado Gives, and the CAC will not have to pay a fee for the service. Another option is to donate through the Paypal link below. Thank you for your support of the Child Advocacy Center!
- Thank you for an amazing 28 Hours of Hope! Posted on: (3/28/2014)The preliminary totals are in, and it looks like over $130,000 was pledged by donors during K99′s 28 Hours of Hope, which ended this morning. From all of us at the CAC, thank you to Brian and Todd, the volunteers, donors and guest artists and speakers who did such a wonderful job getting the total …
- K99′s 28 Hours of Hope is underway! Posted on: (3/27/2014)Starting this morning and going through tomorrow morning, Todd and Brian, The Good Morning Guys at K99 radio, will be running their show for 28 hours straight, raising money for us and two other great non-profits that support kids. This is the 16th year they have done this, and the financial support and community awareness …
- Responding to a Child Outcry training available Posted on: (12/17/2013)After seeing a need in the community for a short training on how to respond to a child who is revealing they have been sexually abused, possibly for the first time to anyone, staff at the Child Advocacy Center created a new training. We had for many years provided Minimal Facts training to Department of Human Services …
- New website dedicated to our Bocce event! Posted on: (12/12/2013)For all of you who have enjoyed our past Bocce events, we are developing an easier way to keep you informed about how to register teams, become a sponsor, and get details about the big day. We have created a website dedicated to our Bocce event, www.cacbocceball.com. It is brand new and not all the links on it …
The Child Advocacy Center Mission:
The Larimer County Child Advocacy Center’s mission is to reduce trauma to children and their families through a comprehensive response to child abuse.
Our vision is to eliminate child abuse through prevention and education. Where we cannot, all victims will receive comprehensive and compassionate services from an effective team of professionals.
What Does Our Mission Mean?
The CAC is dedicated to:
- Ensuring that victims of child abuse and their non-offending family members have access to support and services in a safe, compassionate, and respectful environment.
- Helping obtain timely and appropriate services to children in cases of alleged child abuse. Services may include: forensic interviewing, assistance by law enforcement, social services, medical help and counseling professionals.
- Working to prevent child abuse through education and social acknowledgement that child abuse is a problem in all communities.
- Serving as an informational source for those unsure of how to report child abuse.
- Acting as an educational resource to the community about child abuse.