The Child Advocacy Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. We need and appreciate the financial support of corporations, small businesses and individuals in addition to our annual grant writing and fund raising efforts. If you feel the CAC is a worthwhile cause and would like to help, there are a variety of ways you can contribute; one of the best ways is through Colorado Gives. You can click on the link below and make a donation. Thank you for your support of the Child Advocacy Center!
- K99′s “Good Morning Guys” win a big award! Posted on: (11/4/2013)Brian Gary, Todd Harding and Susan Moore, also known as the Good Morning Guys on K99, have been named the 2013 Country Music Association Small Market Personalities of the Year. They will be recognized at the CMA Award Show which will air on Wednesday, November 6th on ABC; the award show can also be heard …
- Los Tarascos benefit dinner on November 23rd Posted on: (9/26/2013)Los Tarascos Mexican Restaurant and Larry & Deb Lucero are hosting a benefit dinner, auction and a fashion show with models showing clothing from Designs Boutique and Jewelry. The event will be on Saturday, November 23rd starting at 4 pm at Los Tarascos (622 South College Avenue). Ticket prices will be $25 per person and …
- Thank you to everyone who attended and volunteered at Bocce! Posted on: (9/16/2013)Our numbers are still getting finalized, but it looks like we made a profit of around $75,000 from this year’s Bocce tournament and auction event on August 10th! Our sincere thanks to everyone who helped leading up to and on the day of the event, and with the cleanup, number-crunching and other activities that have …
- Responding to a Child Outcry training available Posted on: (5/17/2013)After seeing a need in the community for a short training on how to respond to a child who is revealing they have been sexually abused, possibly for the first time to anyone, staff at the Child Advocacy Center created a new training. We had for many years provided Minimal Facts training to Department of Human Services …
The Child Advocacy Center Mission:
The Larimer County Child Advocacy Center’s mission is to reduce trauma to children and their families through a comprehensive response to child abuse.
Our vision is to eliminate child abuse through prevention and education. Where we cannot, all victims will receive comprehensive and compassionate services from an effective team of professionals.
What Does Our Mission Mean?
The CAC is dedicated to:
- Ensuring that victims of child abuse and their non-offending family members have access to support and services in a safe, compassionate, and respectful environment.
- Helping obtain timely and appropriate services to children in cases of alleged child abuse. Services may include: forensic interviewing, assistance by law enforcement, social services, medical help and counseling professionals.
- Working to prevent child abuse through education and social acknowledgement that child abuse is a problem in all communities.
- Serving as an informational source for those unsure of how to report child abuse.
- Acting as an educational resource to the community about child abuse.