The Child Advocacy Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. We need and appreciate the financial support of corporations, small businesses and individuals in addition to our annual grant writing and fund raising efforts. If you feel the CAC is a worthwhile cause and would like to help, there are a variety of ways you can contribute. Thank you for your support of the Child Advocacy Center!
- Responding to a Child Outcry training available Posted on: (5/17/2013)After seeing a need in the community for a short training on how to respond to a child who is revealing they have been sexually abused, possibly for the first time to anyone, staff at the Child Advocacy Center created a new training. We had for many years provided Minimal Facts training to Department of Human Services …
- Bocce Sponsorships available! Posted on: (5/6/2013)We have started getting sponsors signed up for the 12th Annual Bocce y Bella Sera event, scheduled for Saturday August 10th, 2013. RC Special Events will once again be the Event Sponsor, and our other sponsors at this point include The Neenan Company, Cornerstone Mortgage, Farmers Insurance-Dan Richmond, Realities for Children and Eye Openers Kiwanis Club. If …
- Jailbreak 4 Mile run/walk will be September 21st Posted on: (4/9/2013)The Second Annual Jailbreak 4mile, hosted by the Larimer County Sheriff’s Office and benefitting the Child Advocacy Center, will be on the morning of Saturday, September 21st. Last year everyone who ran or walked the event had a safe, enjoyable fall morning and an opportunity to see demonstrations by several different groups of Sheriff’s Office …
- 28 Hours of Hope is a huge success! Thank You! Posted on: (3/29/2013)The preliminary numbers are in, and it looks like the 15th Annual 28 Hours of Hope, hosted by the Good Morning Guys at K99 radio, raised pledges of over $76,000! Brian and Todd, the volunteers, all of their guest artists and all of the people who donated have achieved something incredible again this year. More …
The Child Advocacy Center Mission:
The Larimer County Child Advocacy Center’s mission is to reduce trauma to children and their families through a comprehensive response to child abuse.
Our vision is to eliminate child abuse through prevention and education. Where we cannot, all victims will receive comprehensive and compassionate services from an effective team of professionals.
What Does Our Mission Mean?
The CAC is dedicated to:
- Ensuring that victims of child abuse and their non-offending family members have access to support and services in a safe, compassionate, and respectful environment.
- Helping obtain timely and appropriate services to children in cases of alleged child abuse. Services may include: forensic interviewing, assistance by law enforcement, social services, medical help and counseling professionals.
- Working to prevent child abuse through education and social acknowledgement that child abuse is a problem in all communities.
- Serving as an informational source for those unsure of how to report child abuse.
- Acting as an educational resource to the community about child abuse.
What is the “One With Courage” campaign? Click on the link to the right to learn more. http://colorado.nationalchildrensalliance.org/OneWithCourage